We've had such good weather lately we've decided to have a training run on the mountain section of the Lost Boys 50 course. Soon the weather will turn and runs to the top of Cuyamaca Peak will be more frigid, (no promises for this weekend of course!).
- When: Saturday Dec 13,2014. Launch at 7:30AM
- No need to RSVP
- Total Miles: Approximately 20 miles
- Water: Water will be dropped at West Mesa (approximately 6 miles into the run). So carry enough for the final 14 mile stretch.
- Training Run Details: We will start and finish off the official course but 95% of this run will be on the official Lost Boys course. Leaving Big bend we will head East until we meet Stonewall Creek Fire Road (mile 33.3 in the race). We will turn right here and follow the race course and loop all the way around to Marty Marshall trail (MMT). At MMT we'll continue straight to finish back at Big Bend. See the Maps page for turn-by-turn directions of the course and especially the TRAINING RUN MAP.
- Where: Meet at "Big Bend." (AKA Milk Ranch Road). This is the big turn in Highway 79:
0.8 miles SOUTH of the Cuyamaca Lake Store
1.7 miles NORTH of Paso Picacho Campground
Let me know if you have any questions. See you on the trails.
Brian Gonzales, Lost Boys 50 Mile - RD