|Riley Swift, Noble Canyon 50k 2009|
We will be running an out-and-back along the main the Noble Canyon trail with the NC 50k Race Director. This run will start on the lower section of the course and will include all of the Noble Canyon trail.
When: Saturday July 18, 2015 launch at 7AM. No need to RSVP.
Total Miles: Approximately 22 total for this run; since it is an out-and-back you can turn around at any point and therefore run any distance you feel comfortable with. You could also add the loop at the top if you want to add the miles.
Water: We will drop some water at Pine Creek Road. Plus water should be on at Penny Pines (water at miles 3, 11, 19). Note the long stretch between water so be sure to carry enough.
See the Noble Canyon website for the course map, elevation, and miles. The race start/finish is at the Pine Valley Conference Center but this training run will start at the Noble Canyon Trailhead.
Description of this run:
- Head out on the main Noble Canyon Trail
- After about 2 miles turn left and cross the creek bed
- After about 0.7 miles turn right onto the “cutoff trail” and continue to the Pine Creek Road (dirt parking lot, water will be dropped here).
- Leave the parking lot by turning right down the dirt trail, then after about ¼ mile turn left to connect again with the main Noble Canyon trail.
- Stay on the Noble Canyon trail all the way up to Sunrise Highway (Penny Pines) then turn around and retrace your steps. Note that on race day, at Penny Pines you will cross Sunrise Highway and turn left onto the Pacific Crest Trail.
You are responsible for your own safety. We will not be keeping track of where runners are on the trails and we encourage you to run in pairs.
See you on the trails.